- Personal information we collect
- Use of your information
- How Pfizer handles privacy internally
- Updating your personal information and contacting Pfizer
Pfizer is not responsible for how other websites treat your privacy once you leave a Pfizer site.
Personal information we collect
Information we collect from visitors
Visitors to each of Pfizer Pro websites including but not limited to applications etc. (collectively referred to as “Website/ Digital/Electronic media”) can access the website's home page, and browse some areas of the site, without disclosing any personally identifiable information. We do track information provided to us by your browser, including the website you came from (known as the referring URL), the type of browser you use, the time and date of access, and other information that does not personally identify you. On some of our sites, you may have to register to access portions of the site.
In addition, we gather information about you that is automatically collected by our web server, such as your IP address and domain name. Pfizer may use web server and browser information to individually customize its offerings and presentations if you submit your personal information.
Information we collect
- Registration on the site is optional and is at the discretion of the user.
- In case you wish to register, you will need to provide your identifying information such as First Name*, Last Name*, Email ID*, Address, State/Province*, City*, Profession*, Specialty*, Mobile Number*, Password*, Confirm Password*, GO/NGO Status, Employment Details, Organization Type, Employer Name and Registration ID/Number. Fields marked with an * are mandatory.
- The information we capture as part of the registration process may be used by us for any marketing and promotional campaigns.
We also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through responses to surveys, search functions, questionnaires, feedback and the like.
On some of our Digital/Electronic media, we offer health assessment tools that ask you to provide self-assessment information.
We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address, contact information if you want to obtain additional services or information or to resolve complaints or concerns.
Cookies are a standard feature of websites that allow us to store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to our Site. Cookies help us learn which areas of the Site are useful and which areas need improvement.
You can find information about cookies that we use and change your settings for cookies and similar technologies by clicking on the Cookie Consent Tool in the lower right corner of each page of our Site. In addition, you can refuse or accept cookies from the Site at any time by activating the settings on your browser. Information about the procedure to follow in order to enable or disable cookies can be found on your Internet browser provider’s website via your help screen. Please be aware that if cookies are disabled, your experience on the Site may be diminished, and not all features of the Site may operate as intended.
We may also use technologies similar to cookies, such as:
Pixel Tags. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) are used to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Site, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Site and response rates.
Adobe Flash. Flash Local Shared Objects (also known as Flash cookies) (“Flash LSOs”) and other technologies are used to, among other things, collect and store information about your use of the Site. For your options with respect to Flash LSOs, please visit this page. Please note that setting the Flash player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Flash applications.
Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). We use Google Analytics to collect anonymized statistics in order to improve the Site.
Learn more about Google Analytics and privacy. You can selectively disable Google Analytics by installing the opt-out component provided by Google on your browser. For more information, please refer to the links below:
How we use the information
We may gather aggregate data from the information provided by the visitors to our websites and share your personally identifiable information with other Pfizer businesses or affiliates, our agents, contractor or business partners in order that they may perform services for us. We disclose personal data to companies that were formerly wholly or partly included in the Pfizer family of companies to which we provide services during a transition period following separation. We use our best efforts to assure that such third parties agree to abide by Pfizer privacy policies and enter into appropriate agreements to ensure that the third parties who receive your information implement security measures commensurate to our security standards.
If we discover that a third party working on behalf of Pfizer inappropriately disclosed personal information about any of our visitors, we will take immediate action to prevent further occurrences.
Other than as described above, Pfizer will not release personally identifiable information to a third party.
Protection of information
How Pfizer handles privacy internally
Our commitment to security
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. While we strive to protect your personal data against potential risks and exposures, the absolute security of data in the online sphere cannot be guaranteed. Hence, we ask you to support our information security efforts by not disclosing any data on our website that is particularly sensitive or not required in the specific context. Furthermore, you can help us protecting your personal data by signing off when you finished using log-in protected areas of the website.
Storage of information
In addition to aggregate information (discussed previously), we may share some kinds of information with third parties as described below.
- Companies and people who work for us: Because we are a large company, we contract with other companies and individuals to help us provide services. For example, we may host some of our websites on another company's computers, hire technical consultants to maintain our web-based health sites, or work with companies to remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, and provide customer service. In order to perform their jobs, these other companies may have limited access to some of the personal information we maintain about our users. Other companies may collect information on our behalf through their sites. We require such companies to comply with the terms of our privacy policies, to limit their access to any personal information to the minimum necessary to perform their obligations, and not to use the information they may access for purposes other than fulfilling their responsibilities to us. We use our best efforts to limit other companies’ use of personally identifiable or health care information.
- Promotional and informational offers: Sometimes we may send offers to selected groups of customers. To accomplish this we may use third parties working on behalf of Pfizer. We provide a variety of mechanisms for you to tell us you do not want to receive such promotional - informational offers. For example, we may provide an opt-in box for customers to receive information that is sent by a third-party fulfillment house, and we make clear that, by opting in, you are submitting your data to a third-party. You can elect not to receive promotional or informational material from us by following the instructions to opt-out as mentioned or included in each of our programs we send to you.
- Legal requirements: We may release account and other personal information when we believe release is required to comply with law. We may release personal health information if, in our judgment after review by a lawyer, the release is compelled by law or regulation, or if the release may be necessary to prevent the death or serious injury of an individual.
- Links to other websites: We may from time to time provide links to third party websites for your convenience and information. Such third party websites are not controlled by us. When you visit such other website you do so at your own risk. These sites may have their own privacy policies in place, which we recommend that you review if you visit any linked websites. We do not, assume any responsibility or liability for such third party websites, the content of such websites and their privacy practices, nor do we endorse them. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with the privacy statements provided by such other websites prior to providing them with information about you, or entering into any transactions on them.
- Phishing: Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to us. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a priority for us. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit or debit card information, bank account numbers, PIN numbers or passwords in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. Please refrain from providing such information through any non-secure medium.
Updating your personal information and contacting Pfizer
You can always contact us in order to (i) remove the personal information that you have provided to us from our systems, (ii) update the personal information that you have provided to us, and (iii) change your preferences with respect to marketing contacts by contacting our grievance officer Ms. Sandhya Amanna at 02266932148 or write into [email protected] or if available also logging into your account to update your information.
You may note that a request for deletion of your personal information may lead to the cancellation of your registration with our website, restriction of your access to certain features of the website, as well as cessation of certain services.